Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween Mantel







































My Halloween mantel last year was just a tad creepy, in an elegant way, I hoped.


Pretty scary, huh? I had fun with that mantel but it was a lot of work, especially finding just the right quotes for it. 

I'm aiming for a simpler mantel this year, more of an Autumn mantel than Halloween. Maybe Sammi Gayle won't be scared of this one. 



Here, Sammi, here Sammi. Don't be scared. This one's not creepy at all.



Now, isn't that better, Sammi?



That's a good kitty!

There's a time for going all out--we've all done it--and a time to spritz a little windex and polish, put a few loved pieces out and call it a day. 



This was the time to put up one little white pumpkin, the beautiful cross Christy gave me, a couple of sunflowers that were fading from her beautiful arrangement I showed in the last post, stuck in a white ceramic star Mom gave me that was in our home at Christmas when I was a little girl, and my favorite old platter.



I've had this platter at least 30 years. It's English Staffordshire by J. & G. Meakin and is part of the Country Life pattern. However, it is much older than most of what you find of that pattern on eBay. I've had a watch on it for years and never seen another one until this week.

Unbelievably, it's beginning bid price is $15. 

Here is a link to it, just in case anyone is interested.

Mine is a beautiful piece with more vibrant colors and worth much more than what this one is listed for, but that seems like a low price anyway. And no, I'm not friends with the seller. At my age I simply do not need another platter. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment