Monday, May 19, 2014

Private Miracles

"I don't see why I am always asking for
private, individual, selfish miracles
when every year there are miracles
like white dogwood."

Anne Morrow Lindbergh in
Bring Me a Unicorn


Our Kousa dogwood is in full bloom, an enormous bridal bouquet. We have wild dogwood that blooms early in spring in the hills around our house, but this Kousa dogwood that produces its glossy green leaves before it does the creamy white bracts is a welcome conclusion to the spring flowering trees and shrubs in our garden. 

This dogwood is one of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's miracles but I do still ask for "private, individual, selfish miracles" and am blessed to receive them. 

This past weekend R.H. and I received the private miracle of a visit from our granddaughter and her parents, experiencing once again viewing life through the eyes of a child.

We watched Nora brush her teeth…


Nora playing the piano, dressed in butterfly wings…


Nora use the squeegee in the shower…


Nora and her Paw-Paw relaxing...


I got to snuggle with Nora and Otis & Milo all in my lap before bedtime…


R.H. and I got to enjoy a weekend of being with Defee, Wallace, and Nora…



We had private miracles as well as the miracle of white dogwood…



I know we had pictures of Nora's smiles that light up our world--I think they are on her daddy's phone and when he sends them to me I'll post a good one--but here is a recent one that Defee took when he and Nora went out on one of their Daddy Dates….


Aren't they adorable?


[Just so I'll have a record here on this blog of the cottage garden posts that were on my old blog Across the Way, I'm linking to them here, here (with a picture of Nora a year ago that shows how she has grown!), and here. Whew! I hope those links work. I'm not using much of the tech stuff here on this new simple blog that I attempted at Across the Way.]