BreeBree and I are here again at Dewena's Window after a long time away. Both of us are older now, as is RH. But then, so are you.
A few other critters have joined us since I shared with you here the news of our dear James Mason's passing. A feral mama cat and her five kittens. This one RH named Pretty Boy but he might turn out to be Pretty Girl. He and his mama are the only ones that let RH barely pet them when he takes out their breakfast and dinner.
BreeBree's pen, our garden, has become their playpen. Our vet works with a group who comes and traps them and spays/neuters them for $25 each so we're on their waiting list.
But on to other happenings. Not only have the kittens grown but so have our granddaughters. Here their dad got a shot of them on their blow up mattress in my office on their last visit.
.jpg)


So happy to see you. And, yes, it worked! Such a sweet photo of your lovely granddaughters.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Karen! Oh, these girls, how I love and admire them!
DeleteSurprise indeed!! SO happy to hear from you and catch up. Your cute animals and adorable grands brought a smile to my face today! Hope to see more from you!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kim! That's so sweet of you!
DeleteYay!!! It's nice to see you here again, Dewena! Personally, I like your mess. It's real life. Your granddaughters are so lovely! How nice that it only costs $25 to get your feral kitties fixed! Such a kind, reasonable service they provide the public. I hope they can get to your kitties soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Kim! And the volunteers will either try to find homes for them or return them to us. I know we need to find homes for some of them but how do we not let them all come back to the home they're used to. Three of them now come up on the kitchen porch and peer in the glass storm door at us. Precious!
DeleteWhat delight to see a post from you in my Feedly today! Your granddaughters are so lovely. Yes, we are all getting older! Every day is a gift.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lorrie! Our granddaughters are as sweet as they are lovely and I know yours must have grown up too in these last couple of years. I'm off now to see what you've been up to in your beautiful spot in the world.
DeleteWhat an absolute delight to see a blog post from you again! I see you posted on your other blog, too. Icing on the cake! Oh yes, my dear friend...I am certainly older, too. I am having surgery - a parotidectomy - on Thursday. I am very anxious and scared. If you could send up a prayer for me, I'd really appreciate it. Your granddaughters are so beautiful. And the kitties...how sweet that they chose you and RH to be their caretakers! I take care of a couple of ferals, too. I haven't had any luck in trapping them though. Our county program won't come out and do it - it's up to the homeowner.
ReplyDeleteMelanie, you are in my prayers for this surgery tomorrow. I texted Daniel because I thought that is what he had a couple of years ago but he said this is much more serious surgery than what he had. And he had been in so much pain for years before his surgery to remove something in his salivary gland. I googled the recovery for yours and saw that you'll have to be very careful not to lean over or lift anything heavy for quite a period after and to sleep with your head elevated. I had to do this for a month after the Mohs surgery I had on my forehead a couple of years ago and found I could follow this more easily sleeping in a recliner than in my bed so you might want to try this if you have one. I'm so sorry you're going through this, Melanie. When you feel up to it afterwards please let me know how you're doing. I will keep you in my daily prayers! I know your husband will take wonderful care of you. It's time for a lot of spoiling ahead for you, dear friend!.
DeleteHe just texted me that his was his sublingual gland under his tongue. And that was painful enough.
DeleteThank you so much! Unfortunately, we don't have a recliner. I did buy a wedge pillow that I can then put a pillow on top of that to sleep upright on my back. I know it's going to be awful trying to sleep because I'm a side sleeper. Yes, a parotidectomy is a major surgery because of the facial nerves involved. I found an excellent surgeon at Rush University Medical Center in downtown Chicago. I'll be in good hands. Feel free to email me at any time!
DeleteJust stopping by this Saturday morning to say hello and so lovely to see this post from you.
ReplyDeleteSending good wishes across the miles.
All the best Jan
So nice to see you here, Jan. Thank you and wishing you the best also. Hope your September all the way over there is cooler than ours in Tennessee!
Delete