Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's Almost Here!

This little munchkin can't wait for Halloween!


Have you seen some of the tacky costumes in the news
that some people are wearing this year?
I'm not talking about Tacky Party tacky
but extremely poor taste costumes
that cash in on harrowing current events
that have happened to real people?

Wouldn't it be refreshing to go back to
a simpler time when a costume like the little sprite
above is wearing?

That's all from my soapbox, folks.
I'm packing it away,
just like my big Moon plate I found at Goodwill.


After Halloween the pumpkins will stay until December
but the plate will go back in a cupboard.

I don't know why I connected this plate to Halloween
when I saw it, but I did.


I have to tell you about the green shutters on the front porch.
We had lived here a year before we painted them green.
The fronts were plain paneled but the backs
had this quaint little cutout.


Needless to say,
this side stays front out now.
What were the previous owners thinking to cover them up?

No comments:

Post a Comment