Sunday, November 16, 2014

We're Thankful

What are R.H. and I thankful for this morning?

(cover from The Farmer's Wife, November 1938)

We're so very thankful for--

the birth of a new granddaughter!

The Bible verse in my devotion book on the morning of our new granddaughter's birth was from 1 Thessalonians 1:2 and began: We give thanks to God always, for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers…..

And our hearts are full of thanks this morning over welcoming our 6th grandchild into our family. You are an answer to many prayers, little one. There will be pictures of you with big sister Nora eventually, many of them!, and a name, when I'm sure I have permission from your proud parents.

Meanwhile, R.H. and I celebrated this morning with a special Sunday breakfast in your honor. I set the table with our favorite breakfast dishes called The Clock:


R.H. fixed the special Jake's Sausage that's made near us and popped some frozen biscuits into the oven, and I made a special omelet, one where I separate the whites from the yolks, beat the whites with a mixer and fold into the yolks, and put goat's cheese carefully on one half for my lactose intolerant husband, and cheddar on my half.


And then we tried putting a dollop of my cranberry sauce on the omelet the way that a 1950s magazine suggested. It was delicious!


This morning Mimi and Paw-Paw are so thankful for our new granddaughter arriving safely, and finally knowing that she was a girl--her parents wanted to be surprised! 

And yes, Ladies, we are so thankful for the good eggs you gave us for the omelet, as you reminded us, peering into the kitchen as we ate breakfast. It's a terribly fuzzy picture of you, but thank you--Gray Girl, Sunny, and Cher.